Understanding Our Policies
Our Purchase Protection Policies are here to provide you with peace of mind whenever you make a purchase through onsite checkout on PornBook. We strive to create a great experience every time. If you have an issue with your purchase, our Policies are in place to help make things right.
For the purposes of this policy, where specified, an individual seller refers to someone selling through a personal profile.
To qualify for Purchase Protection:
- Make sure that your purchase is eligible as a Protected Purchase as defined in this policy.
- Use onsite checkout on PornBook to complete your payment for the purchase. Purchases made through third-party sites and or applications, local pickups, Messenger transactions, or through other messaging services do not qualify. Learn which products have onsite checkout on PornBook.
- Contact the seller first to let them know there is a problem with the purchase. For eligible purchases; if you are unable to resolve the issue directly with the seller, you may submit a claim through PornBook.
- We will review your claim to determine whether it qualifies for Purchase Protection and issue a refund for the full purchase price of the item and shipping costs if your claim is approved. Any and all decisions are binding and made in our sole discretion.
2. Protected Purchases
When Are Your Purchases Protected?
Many purchases that you make using onsite checkout on PornBook are covered by our Purchase Protection policies. Your purchase is protected in the following situations:
- Item not received - An item is considered “not received” if an item is not received by the buyer within 16 days after the seller or individual seller confirms the order.
- Item damaged or significantly different than described. I.e. :
Item was damaged during shipping
- Item is missing major parts, and was not disclosed to
- Item condition was different than described
- Item is a different version or edition than what was offered for the purchase
- Item is completely different than item ordered
- Seller not following their stated refund policy.
- Unauthorized purchases.
Which Purchases Are Not Protected?
The following items and scenarios are not covered by our Purchase Protection Policies:
- Any products or services that are prohibited by our Commerce Policies
- Real estate
- Financial products or investments
- Precious metals and gemstones
- Equity or debt in a business
- Custom or made-to-order items
- Industrial machinery
- Perishable items
- Buyer's remorse
- Items shipped using an intermediary or freight forwarding service
- Items where the exchange of the purchased item happens in-person
- Orders that have already been refunded or charged back by the buyer's bank
- Damage that occurs to items after they are delivered
- Items with a purchase price over $2,000
3. Disputes & Refunds
Reaching Out to The Seller
You should first contact the seller to resolve your issue with a purchase. The seller has 2 business days to respond and attempt to resolve your issue.
Filing a Claim with PornBook
- If a seller or individual seller has not responded or resolved your issue after 2 business days, you may submit a claim for our review on the 3rd business day.
- When you file a claim………
1. answer all questions presented.
2. include details regarding your issue within the form.
Upon receipt of all required documents, we will then review your claim. This is includes but is not limited to…..
* any messages that you and the seller sent to each other
* supporting documentation from the buyer and seller.
We will typically respond within 48 hours, in some instances up to 96 hours.
- Learn how to contact the seller for help or submit a claim to PornBook.
Refunds and Returns
If you are requesting a refund, remember to contact the seller within the return period specified in the product listing and follow the seller's instructions for returning the delivered item.
If the seller is unresponsive or is not following their stated return policy, you may still be required to provide a valid tracking number of the returned item or other proof of return to our staff in order to receive a Purchase Protection refund.
- You can file a claim for the full price of an item with a purchase price up to $2,000 including tax and shipping. You have a lifetime coverage limit of $10,000.
- You must file a claim within 15 days from the date of delivery of your purchased product, or within 30 days for unauthorized claims. If your item was not received, you must wait 2 days after the last date of estimated delivery before filing a claim.
- When reporting unauthorized purchases……
1. notify us immediately so that we can try to protect you from financial loss. You must submit a claim within 30 days after the charge.
- You must be following our terms and policies, including the Community Payments Terms, to be eligible for Purchase Protection.
Resolving and Closing Cases
If we approve a buyer's claim, in some situations, PornBook may offer a partial refund. Otherwise the refunded amount will include the full price of the item, tax, and shipping fees. Decisions on claims are made in our sole discretion.
Reasons your claim could be denied under this policy include:
- The item received was the same as described by the seller in your purchase
- The claim was filed due to buyer's remorse
- The item was received, and the seller verified the delivery of the product
- You disputed the transaction with the bank that issued your credit or debit card
- You did not submit sufficient evidence requested by PornBook to support your claim
If you file fraudulent claims for purchases made on PornBook, we may disable your ability to make payments or take additional action on your account.